Pioneers in unique disease-modifying technology
Precigen ActoBio™ is a clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of therapeutic agents created on the ActoBiotics™ platform. These are targeted, microbe-based, specifically designed agents that express and locally deliver potential disease-modifying therapeutics at disease sites including the intestine, the mouth and the nasopharynx, to treat a range of disorders.
We have a strong R&D pipeline and an extensive portfolio of candidates advancing toward clinical development across a number of potential indications.
Precigen ActoBio™ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precigen.
Our ApproachDiscover More
The ActoBiotics™ technology provides a new class of therapeutic agent, a unique delivery platform precisely tailored for specific disease modification, with the potential for superior efficacy and safety via local delivery directly to the relevant tissue.
ActoBiotics™ combines the advantages of highly selective protein-based therapeutic agents with local delivery by the well-characterized, food-grade bacterium Lactococcus lactis, to provide novel disease-modifying therapies.
We have shown that multiple therapeutic agents, such as proteins, peptides and antibodies, can be incorporated into a single approach, enabling the simultaneous targeting of multiple pathways in one disease.
Our Platform Advantages
A New Class of Therapeutic Agents
- A unique delivery platform precisely tailored for specific disease modification
- Specifically designed to target disease areas with high unmet need
- Rapid development of new candidates by incorporating validated therapeutic agents
- Targeted delivery via oral capsule, oral rinse or topical solution
- Sustained release of select therapeutic agents in appropriate quantities
- Demonstrated safety and tolerability
- Cost-effective, robust, and scalable manufacturing process
Our versatile technology platform has facilitated the creation of diverse ActoBiotics™ candidates. Choosing only the most promising leads, we have developed a rich pipeline of therapeutic agents at clinical, preclinical and discovery stage in areas with high unmet needs in immunotherapy, as well as allergy and immune tolerance induction.