As of October 17, 2018
Introduction and definitions
- “Cookies” refers to small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to remember certain information about you in order to customize the information you see during visits to a website and/or to collect information about your visit;
- “Personal Data” refers to your personal information such as but not limited to your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, resumé, etc., that can be used to identify you; and
- “Third Parties” refers to third party vendors who support Precigen in the frame of its business activities, and other companies with which Precigen does business.
Collection of Personal Data via our Website
Contact requests. In order to submit contact requests on Precigen’s website, you must provide certain personal information, including name, email, company affiliation, and phone number. We use this information to contact you about your request or inquiry.
Registration. Should you choose to register with us, you may need to complete certain fields (some being required, others optional), and/or to choose a user name and password. If you choose to withhold any Personal Data, which is required by us, it will not be possible for you to register with us and/or to obtain a response from us to your query.
Job applications. When you apply for a job on Precigen’s website, you will need to provide us relevant information for us to be able to process and respond to your application.
Disclaimer for website visitors from the European Economic Area: By submitting your Personal Data through a contact form on Precigen’s website or by applying for a job with any European subsidiary of Precigen through our website, you acknowledge and expressly agree with the processing of your Personal Data by a data controller located in the United States (as this is where this website is hosted and operated by Precigen), even though U.S. legislation may not provide sufficient protection of your Personal Data according to the European Commission.
Uses of Personal Data
If you post your Personal Data as a job applicant, your Personal Data will be used for:
(i) recruitment, staffing and employment purposes;
(ii) reference and profile matching purposes with a view to staff job vacancies; and
(iii) informing you of future job opportunities.
Should your application be successful, your data shall be processed for and included in your employment file.
When you visit Precigen’s website or when you choose to submit information through the contact forms on our website, we collect, store, and process your contact information on servers that we maintain in the United States for the following purposes:
(i) to identify you when you visit our website or request information or services from us;
(ii) to respond to inquiries and requests for information that you submit through the site;
(iii) to improve our services and our website.
Disclaimer for website visitors from the European Economic Area:
- For the purposes described above, Precigen, located in the United States, is the data controller, even if you are visiting this website to find more information on or to apply for a job with one of Precigen’s European subsidiaries.
- The processing of Personal Data by Precigen, for the purposes described above, is based on Precigen’s legitimate interest to identify website visitors, to draw visitor statistics, to manage and improve its website and services, to respond to requests from website visitors, to process job applications and to maintain a recruitment database.
- Your Personal Data will be stored for as long as required by us to achieve our legitimate interests, as mentioned above (e.g. to respond to the contact request submitted by you and to process your job application). As soon as we no longer need to keep your Personal Data in identifiable format, we will either anonymize or delete your Personal Data. As far as job applications are concerned, we will maintain your information in our recruitment database for 5 years.
- As far as Cookies are concerned, see below for more information, including applicable retention periods.
Sharing of Information
We may provide your Personal Data that we collect and the data generated by Cookies to a parent, subsidiary or affiliate entity within Precigen’s corporate family, partner entities, and the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us.
We may also occasionally provide your contact information to Third Parties who provide services to us (e.g. IT service providers who act as data processors), although we will only do so on the condition that they also protect the confidentiality of your information. We may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Precigen or its employees or customers.
In addition to using the IP address of your computer to maintain communications with you as you move about Precigen’s site, we also may use your IP address to personalize content provided on the website or to track and categorize the users of our site. We may retain your IP address and we may retain it together with other Personal Data. Precigen reserves the right to use the data it collects on use of its website in any manner consistent with applicable U.S. law.
Additional Cookies information for website visitors from the European Economic Area:
All major internet browsers offer the option to manage the Cookies that were installed on your computer or mobile device.
In case you do not want this website to place Cookies on your computer or mobile device, which includes a data transfer to the U.S., you may limit or delete such Cookies easily by adjusting your browser or mobile settings. In addition, you can set you browser or mobile settings in such a way that you get a notification every time you receive a Cookie on your computer or mobile device, so that you can decide whether you wish to accept this Cookie or not.
Please note that when you disable certain Cookies of which we are making use, the possibility exists that certain parts of our website will no longer function properly and you will no longer enjoy an optimal user experience.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any required update to your Personal Data held in Precigen’s system.
Legal rights of website visitors from the European Economic Area
Website visitors from the European Economic Area whose Personal Data we process have (under the conditions laid down by EU data protection laws) the right to:
- receive information about and access to their Personal Data;
- rectify their Personal Data;
- erasure of their Personal Data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restriction of processing of their Personal Data;
- object to the processing of their Personal Data;
- receive their Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have)transmit(ted) their Personal Data to another organization; and
- lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority relating to the processing of your personal data by us.
To learn more about these rights, and circumstances under which you can exercise them, feel free to contact us as indicated below.
In principle you may exercise these rights free of charge. Only where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee. We aim to respond as quickly as possible to your requests or questions. We might request a proof of identity in advance in order to double-check your request.
If you have questions or concerns about the collection or use of your Personal Data or other information by Precigen’s website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.